Friday, June 10, 2011

Girl of the Moment: Lui Wen

Givenchy Fall 2011
At age 23, model Lui Wen has quite a lot in her modeling background. 2005 marked the beginning of her career. Her big beginning was to be on the cover of Chinese FHM. Hard work got her to model for Vogue China and Harper's Bazaar China, and these gigs caught the eyes of Cosmo in which she modeled Karl Lagerfeld and Viktor and Rolf, which made these designers want her on their runways. Now she has DKNY Jeans, The GAP, Alexander Wang, Converse, Bergdorf Goodman, Calvin Klein, Vivienne Tam, Elle, Allure, i-D, Teen Vogue, French Vogue, Spanish Vogue...I'd continue the list but then you'd have a bulky paragraph of her accomplishments.

Anyway, it doesn't only take 'discovering a model' for her to become famous as it is with a lot of the top model stories. With Lui Wen, sheer hard work and perseverance got her to where she is today. She started small and became a top model after years and years of trying.

On the runway:

Akris Fall 2011             Louis Vuitton Fall 2011

Chanel 2011

 What's your take on this girl of the moment? Let me know in comments!

***
Also, a shout-out: Thank you Teresa for giving me the Versatile Blogger award from your blog Trend-ish!


I'm passing this award down to the lovely Oh My Dior blog which always has beautiful doodled on pictures of everything fashiona and is super creative and versatile! ;)

20 comments:

  1. Love this post on wei. I'm following you girlfriend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousJune 10, 2011

    beautiful blog! this it-girl definitely seems to have the credentials to own that title... anyone on a chanel runway has my seal of approval! following... follow me back!

    http://thecoquetiquette.blogspot.com/

    xo,
    amy leah
    the coquetiquette

    ReplyDelete
  3. She seems like an inspiring woman, great pictures!
    Thank you for your lovely comment on my new YSL lipstick! I now follow you, waiting for you to follow back!

    Loves,
    Rowan

    www.redreidinghood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that she is absolutely stunning.
    And classy!
    xx
    http://dontcallmefashionblogger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woow, honey! Of corse, I follow you. Your blog is so inspirating! I love it hehe. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousJune 10, 2011

    hi! :) i like your blog and i am following it now too :).
    Kati
    http://freshblossom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tks for your comment, of course following you! nice blog =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the blog award! thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    Love, Vanilla

    http://notesfrommycloset.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your blog! :)
    Follow you, please follow me back..

    www.jessicasofienielsen.blogspot.com

    Kisses

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJune 11, 2011

    Great pictures!!!nice blog, Of corse, I follow you :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think she deserves her success now. :) Thanks for dropping by my blog. xx

    forshoewefall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm following you, so you can follow me too :)
    Love your blog!!

    xoxo

    bluedresseddoll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey thanks for your comment! I'm following... Your blog is really cool! xo Maria


    http://fashionscrown.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. cool blog!!
    Thanx for ur comment too!!

    OK!!i followed u so follow mine:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog honey :)

    http://sofiehn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. your blog is great!
    i am following you ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. thaanks for your commeent. yes i'm following you! so you're followin me back???
    thaankss gorgeouss


    http://fashionislikeagum.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is so gorgeous!! :D :D
    following now ;) (make sure to follow back)
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Liu Wen is my favourite!!she's always very cheerful and humble!!!

    x
    twee
    www.EzzentricTopz.blogspot.com
    SHOP Ezzentric Topz

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really like your blog!

    Would you mind checking out my blog? Follow eachother if you like?

    ReplyDelete